Friday, November 11, 2011

Oh, Snap!



Let's talk photography!

For me- the photographer was my biggest splurge on my wedding day. We wanted to ensure that whom ever we selected to shoot our special day would be able to take beautiful images of all the subtle moments that are sometimes forgotten later. We were less interested in the typical posed family and wedding party portraits (though, we did do a few to humor our families), and looking for someone that truely had an eye for capturing the emotions and setting of the day.

We found Channing Johnson by sheer coincidence. My distant cousin had used him several years before Mike & I were even engaged, and I saw his images and fell in love. I knew for a while that he would be the best fit for us after viewing his portfolio and reading his blog (which I suggest you do too!). Admittedly, we did interview a few other photographers in the area with a similar style. Their prices were comparable, but we felt more comfortable and relaxed with Channing, which is so important.

Everyone looks for something different from their photos, and you should try to get an idea of what style you are looking for. Here is a link to the WPJA Massachusetts which lists photojournalistic style photographers. Interview a few, set your budget, and see who fits best for you.

Join the conversation!
Got a photographer worth reccommending? Send the link, let's note them here!


No comments:

Post a Comment